7/8 Marching Redhawks Parent Meeting Update:
The Band Boosters Association has been hoping to communicate a rescheduled date for our 7/8 Marching Redhawks parent meeting. However, the NCHS Band Office is waiting for D203 to approve in-person rehearsals and announce the fall school operating plan (along with fall sports and other activities) on 7/13. Once that information is communicated through NCHS and the Band Office contacts the BBA we will reschedule our Marching Redhawks parent meeting. Please continue to direct your specific marching band questions to Mr. Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org
For other general questions, you may also contact your student’s section parent band ambassador (usually your section leader’s parents) or the BBA (VP -email@example.com, Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org or Webmaster – email@example.com)
Until then, please stay healthy and encourage your student to keep up with emails, attend the weekly Zoom meetings, check in with section leaders and keep working on the wonderful Marching Redhawks’ Canvas modules that Mr. Estes is providing
7/7 Marching Redhawks Updates
This is a notification/confirmation that we will not be able to meet tomorrow (Wednesday 7/8) as we’d hoped. Please take a quick moment to view the following video: https://www.loom.com/share/7c3a54e957a441d3b0b32aa68f0624af
We will still meet at 5:30PM on our Zoom call to catch up:
Brandon Estes is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: NC MB: Weekly Wednesday Check-In Meetings
Time: Jul 8, 2020 05:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Wed, until Jul 22, 2020, 3 occurrence(s)
Jul 8, 2020 05:30 PM
Jul 15, 2020 05:30 PM
Jul 22, 2020 05:30 PM
Links to Zoom meetings are available in the email or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, please don’t forget about your Week 5 Modules! Keep up the great work gang!
6/25 Marching Redhawks Updates
- During the month of June through July 3, the Marching Redhawks have been using a very innovative Canvas class and weekly zoom sessions developed by Mr Estes and his staff to keep students engaged and develop marching and music technique!
- July 1- Marching Redhawks Zoom Check-In 5:30 pm
- (reposting from email):!NEW! In-Person July Summer Rehearsal Dates and Times:
- July 8
- July 15
- July 22
- July 29
All rehearsals 3 – 6PM Please arrive 15 – 20 minutes early for check-ins
Rehearsal Scenario: (3 – 6PM on Wednesdays)
- Allow 15 minutes prior for Check-ins
- 45 mins – Music/Visual
- 15 mins – Transition
- 45 mins – Visual/Music
- 15 mins – Transition
- 30 mins – Ensemble (per sub-group)
- Immediate departure
All students MUST be prepared to arrive with a face mask. Face Shields are recommended for Wind players. The Diver family and a family friend are donating a face shield for every wind player! Thank you!
More guidelines and information TBA.
(6/11/20: Online Marching Band Fee Payments are Temporarily Paused. Please do not mail-in marching band fee payments until instructions are updated)
2020 NCHS Marching Redhawks June 10 Meeting (click here)
The Marching Redhawks had their weekly zoom call last night (6/10) There are some changes to the 2020 Fountain of Youth season plans:
Greetings Marching Redhawks,
If you were unable to attend our Wednesday meeting, by now, I’m sure that you have heard the big announcement that we have decided to move in a new direction with our competitive show this year. We will not perform “Fountain of Youth” for the 2020 season. This was not an easy decision to make, but we as a staff felt it necessary given the current circumstances and the many unknown factors regarding our summer fundamentals and the Fall season as it pertains to the Illinois COVID-19 status of Phase 3 or Phase 4.
Here is a direct link to the video from Wednesday if you missed it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1dUL0EtQXMJMoPVGJjH8we_KVcn46Fo/view?usp=sharing
In summary, here are a few important items to consider moving forward from here:
- We understand the social/emotional impact that this may make on our students, but we do hope that you’ll be a part of what will be a historic year for our students, ensemble, school and community.
- We have selected a backup production that we will be able to mold and consolidate down to a 3 – 5 minute performance.
- While we have the music, edits will now begin to be made and will take a couple of weeks to complete.
- We do not have any details on band camp, but again, please continue to save the dates. The structure will likely be different, so it is even more important that everyone is in attendance.
- We do not yet know what football games will look like, but we will continue to plan accordingly.
- We will continue to plan to attend local and state-wide marching events, including hosting the Marching Classic at NCHS for 2020.
- We will cancel our attendance at the Bands of America Regional in Iowa.
- We will re-evaluate our fee structure for all members with the reduction/removal of elements such as BOA and any other elements that would be appropriate to cut costs for the season.
- We will temporarily suspend our online payment system until we have finalized the new fee schedule, including payment due dates.
- If any payments have already been made online or physical payment, we will work with each family individually to reconcile as necessary.
Again, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. I realize the importance of the arts during this period of the unknown and I hope that we can continue to keep ourselves engaged and motivated through our weekly virtual modules and assignments, virtual meetings and virtual rehearsals/clinics.
As I am sure there are more questions at this time than we have answers, we do appreciate your patience and understanding and do know that we will continue to update you as soon as any new and solid details are ready for distribution.
As you can see there is still a great 2020 season planned with an awesome show, school spirit, and competitions! More information will be available soon.
2020 NCHS Marching Redhawks June 5 Meeting (click here)
June 5: 2020 Marching Redhawks meeting at 11:15 am via Zoom!
Topic: NC Marching Redhawks June Meeting 6.5.20
Time: Jun 5, 2020 11:15 AM Central Time
We’ll address items such as:
- Music Distribution
- Live Rehearsals
- Virtual Rehearsals
- Fee payments
- and more!
Parents are welcomed to join as well, but we really need for all students to participate, even if you are just listening with headphones on.
Zoom link info was emailed today. If you need it please email email@example.com or ask your student’s section leader(s).
Please pass the word especially to incoming freshmen!
2020 NCHS Marching Redhawks May 4 Meeting (click here)
Greetings 2020 Marching Redhawks!
I hope that this email finds everyone well, especially during this very unique and difficult time.
I first want to welcome you all to the 2020 season of the Naperville Central Marching Redhawks! For our returning students, welcome back and to our newest members, we say welcome and THANK YOU for taking a chance at an activity that will be new and exciting in your lives!
I’d like to invite everyone (students, parents and staff members) to join me on a Zoom meeting Monday evening 5/4/20 for a very brief welcome session. The meeting should last 30 minutes or less. While there still may be more questions than there are answers at this time, we want you to know that we are still preparing for the season at full strength. We do hope that you’ll join us! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom meeting details
In the meantime, you should be hearing from your section leaders in the very near future, if not already. Lastly, if you know of a friend who may not have signed up but may still be on the fence, there is still time to add members, but we’ve got to move quickly! If you have any names that you might want for me to reach out to, please do touch base with Mr. Estes ASAP with contact information.
Again, Monday’s meeting will be short and sweet. Just a quick meeting to say hello and maybe address a few small details that we can at this time. Look forward to seeing you then!
2020 NCHS Marching Redhawks Orientation and Registration (click here)
April 6, 2020
Hello students, parents and directors!!
I hope that this email finds everyone well!
In lieu of our in-person marching band orientation meeting that was supposed to be held last month, we hope that you’ll take a few minutes to watch this video to welcome you to the 20-21 Marching Redhawks at Naperville Central High School! This is for all winds, percussion and color guard members! We especially welcome all of our new incoming freshmen. Welcome to the NCHS Bands and Spirits!
We are super-excited with the development of our 2020 Marching Redhawks show production and are happy to announce that our musical arrangements are completed! I have formally unveiled our show in the video link above!
- The 2020 Marching Redhawks show is entitled: The Fountain of Youth!
- We need to finalize our participation numbers to begin the drill-writing process. We WANT YOU!! Everyone is a starter on our team!
- When you are ready to take your first steps towards participation for the 2020 marching season (as we hope that you are!), you can officially register online at: 2020 NCHS MARCHING REDHAWKS PARTICIPATION INTENT FORM
- We ask that each student complete their registration by no later than April 30th!
- Parents, Guardians and Families can sign up to volunteer for the 20-21 season here!
- All forms and music will be distributed electronically after registration has been completed.
- Drumline: Please note the information below for the 4/23 online auditions
In the meantime, if you have any questions or reservations about the marching band activity and would like to discuss, please contact Mr. Estes to schedule a time to chat. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to answer any questions that you might have! Current and new fall color guard members may also contact Debbie Wiles-Isoda (DebbieWiles@tempco.com)
Thanks for your time and please stay safe and healthy out there!
2020 NCHS Marching Redhawks Drumline Auditions Onlne 4/23/20 (click here)
With auditions, as we will not be in a position to hold auditions in person, here is our game plan to get through the process so that we can move forward with the part assignments and music distribution:
- Auditions will take place on Thursday April 23rd as previously communicated
- We will utilize Zoom meetings to perform Live auditions
- Each student will receive a 10 minute audition time slot
- We will utilize the Waiting Room function to allow for individual auditions
- Students should sign into meetings 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time in order to be on-deck
Auditions performances should be prepared as follows:
Practice pad and snare sticks
On a drum or a drum stand preferred.
Feet and hands should be visible
Tenor practice pad or a set of quad drums
If you do not have a set of quads or a tenor pad, let’s get creative!
On a flat surface, preferably carpeted, section off 4 zones as close to a set of tenors.
Use the following image as a reference
Drums dimensions from Left to Right are: 14”-12”-10”-13”
Consider about 1.5 – 2” between drums
Practice pad (horizontal – same as snare) and snare sticks
On a drum or a drum stand preferred.
Feet and hands should be visible
On a mallet keyboard of some kind, if possible
Marimba, Xylophone, Practice Keyboard, even a beginner bell kit!
If you don’t have any of these items, we are going to send you a video on “How to Create a Cardboard & Duct Tape Mallet Keyboard”
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the audition process, please do not hesitate to reach out to me!