Thank you to all who attended the 2017 Marching Redhawks Orientation on 3/15/17!
To everyone interested in joining the Marching Redhawks – welcome to another exciting
season! 2016 was a great success for the Marching Redhawks with our return to ISU (State Competition) finals for the 1st time since 2007. Join us in 2017 as we continue to build on our past achievements and prepare our new show “Amour” (more below)!
Marching band is a voluntary, extracurricular activity at NCHS. Any interested student (whether or not enrolled in curricular bands) is eligible to participate and contribute to the ensemble (see below for additional details on drumline and color guard)*. There is no “second string.” All students are important individual elements to the production of Amour! Because we create the show based on the student participation that we anticipate – Marching Redhawks contracts are due on 3/23/17 (band and Spirits Fall Color Guard). A completed contract and $52 registration fee will secure your spot in the 2017 Marching Redhawks and Amour show.
Please deposit your completed contract with payment in the white mail box outside of the band room (83) or mail to Mrs P. at NCHS (address below). (Please do not turn contracts in to your Junior High Band Directors).
Attn. Mrs. Padmanabhan
NCHS Band Office
440 West Aurora Avenue
Naperville, IL 60540
For Questions: Please contact Mrs. P in the Band Office:
*(Please note the NCHS Spirits Fall Color Guard Tryout information and the Marching Redhawks Drumline Chops Sessions and Audition information).
If you need a copy of the contract or the material handed out at orientation please see links below!
- Link to Charms folder with all information. This link will provide the most updated information. If needed, to log back into Charms and access this folder please:
- “Click here to log back into Charms”
- Enter “nchsmusic” for school code and click on “Enter Student/Parent Area”. (Optional – enter Student Password if known)
- Click on “Handouts & Files”
- Click on folder called “Marching Band Orientation 2017”
- Direct link to documents (current as of 3/16/17)
If you weren’t able to make it to the orientation meeting, here is a bit about this year’s show production -entitled ‘Amour’ (working title), a Love story! We are super-excited about the music and we hope that you are too! For your own listening pleasure, we encourage you to listen to the original selections:
• Edith Piaf’s, “La Vie En Rose”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFzViYkZAz4
• Alexander Borodin, “Polovtsian Dances“ from “Prince Igor” Opera
• Dance No. 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dKNlfex0U
• Dance No. 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSRI78JyjM
• Francesco Sartori’s, “Time to Say Goodbye (Con Te Partirὸ)”, as made famous by vocalists Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
Our music design is being compiled and arranged by Drew Shanefield and Bret Kuhn, a design team with many years of experience and success in the activity!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are looking forward to another fantastic season with the Marching Redhawks and we hope to have you with us for it!