Charms (Charms Office Assistant)
The NCHS Band programs use CHARMS to handle many important tasks including emails to all bands or specific ensembles, the bands’ calendar, volunteer sign ups, marching band uniform measurements/inventory, handouts and files, tracking forms submitted and more.
Link to Charms for NCHS Bands
- School Code is nchsmusic (if needed)
- You do not have to enter your Student Area Password to use Charms to volunteer, check calendars or files.
- However logging in will help track your volunteer hours and is required to enter measurements for uniforms and update email addresses. If you cannot remember your student area password or have trouble logging in please contact Mrs. Padmanabhan (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Band office ((630) 548-4302). (Passwords that are not the student’s ID are now required).
Charms access without logging in: Charms access with logging in:
- Charms Quick Start
- Sync Charms Calendar on your Desktop Calendar or Mobile Devices:
- iOS devices:
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Under Acounts, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL of the public calendar:
- Touch “Next” in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch “Save” to save the subscription.
- Android Devices
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL:
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will begin to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.
- iOS devices:
- Charms Apps – Charms can also be utilized on your mobile devices for volunteer sign ups, news, calendars, accessing files and handouts, and more. Apps available for iOS and Android devices! Use of Charms App requires entering student area password. Enter NCHSMusic for the school code.
Charms app login and menu screens
School Code is nchsmusic