The Naperville Central High School Band Booster Association (BBA) is recognized as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service. It is comprised of parents of curricular and extra-curricular band students and other friends of the band (alumi parents, other NCHS parents and school/community leaders). The main purposes of the BBA are service volunteerism and fundraising that benefits all NCHS Bands. All parents and guardians of curricular and extra-curricular band students are automatically members of the NCHS BBA and are encouraged to volunteer and assist with fundraising/or make an annual contribution to the NCHS BBA. Your participation is essential! Contributions and volunteer efforts are recognized by the NCHS BBA in concert programs and other ways.
The BBA provides additional revenue for band programs and enrichment activities that are not covered by School District 203 appropriations. The BBA also sponsors a limited number of partial scholarships (when funding is available) for band students enrolled at Naperville Central High School. (See the BBA Scholarship section for more information).
Some of the BBA programs and activities that generate revenue for all NCHS Bands (click on the icons for more information):
In addition to raising much-needed funds for the NCHS Band Programs, the BBA members provide essential services to the bands through extensive volunteerism. These include (but are not limited to):
- assist the Marching Redhawks with band camp, moving equipment, pit crew, props, meals, uniforms, driving trucks, chaperoning buses and more at competitions, home football games and parades
- Host the NCHS Marching Classic each fall at Benedictine University in Lisle
- organize and assist with potluck dinners and picnics
- provide refreshments at concerts
- organize and assist with Jazz Cafe
- assist with NCHS Drumshow
- assist with the NCHS Solo & Ensemble Contest
- assist with Spring Band Awards, and other special events
- produce quarterly newsletters
- design and maintain the band’s website (this website)
- notify local media of band activities and achievements
The BBA activities are coordinated by the BBA Board of Directors that meets monthly during the school year. All BBA meetings are open to the public. See the NCHS Music Charms calendar for the meeting schedule. All volunteer sign-up opportunities, fundraising dates and information are also available in Charms calendar.
The BBA Board of Directors consists of the following positions: President; Vice President; Secretary; Treasurer; Director of Bands; Associate Director of Bands; and Volunteer Coordinator. Board members serve two year terms.
Other BBA chair and lead positions include: Band Camp Coordinators; Concessions Chairs and Leads; Concessions Purchaser; Hospitality Coordinator; Jazz Cafe Coordinators; Marching Classic Chairs and Leads, Newsletter/Program Coordinator; Patches Lead (band jacket patches); Pit Crew Leads; Prop Crew Leads; Solo and Ensemble Chairs; Special Events Chairperson; Spirits President; Spirit Wear Coordinators; Uniform Coordinators; Website Coordinator; 50/50 Raffle Chairs,
Ex-Officio Board members include NCHS Principal, Dean of Student Services and Fine Arts Department Chairperson.